Regional Incident Command 400
For additional information about Greater Cincinnati Hazardous Materials organization and to contact the logistics officer go to:www.gchmu.org
Requesting Command 400
Call the Hamilton County Communications Center at 513-825-2260. A Communications Supervisor is available 24 hours a day to take your call and coordinate the mobilization of the vehicle with team members
Who can request our services?
Command 400 can be called by any public safety department in UASI Region 6.
What information do I need to provide?
When calling Command 400, be prepared to give the dispatcher the following information:
* Your name and the requesting agency
* A brief description of the incident
* A call back phone number, name and if possible a radio Talk Group
* The location where the unit will be parked
* Directions to the incident and Staging Area
* Eight 800 Mhz mobile radios
* Six 800 Mhz portable radios
* Two High Band VHF mobile radios
* Two UHF mobile radios
* ACU1000 interconnection device for patching
* Headsets at all operators positions
* Three AT&T Cellular Phone lines
* Two Verizon Data lines
* External connections for phone and electrical power
* Local Digital T.V. Station access
* Two color cameras on 25 foot mast
* Nine video monitors
* One DVR
* Four DVD Player/Recorders
* One DVD/VHS Player/Recorder
* Video Printer
* Digital video receiver for Hamilton Co. Sheriff's helicopters
* Hand-held digital camera
* Columbia Weather System weather station
What is the response time?
Command 400 is located at the Greater Cincinnati Hazmat, 1881 E Crescentville Rd. Minimum response time for Command 400 will be 20 minutes to set-up the unit for operations
How is the unit staffed?
The unit will be staffed with 2-3 logistical personnel at all times.
How is the unit funded?
The unit was purchased in 2006 with Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) funds. Command 400 is under the direction of the Greater Cincinnati Hazardous Materials Unit and is jointly funded by Greater Cincinnati Hazmat. The Hamilton County Fire Chiefs Association and the Clermont County Fire Chiefs Alliance.
COMPUTER NETWORK SYSTEM
* Seven Dell Laptops Web Cam Computers
* One Panasonic Laptop MDC
* Cradle-Point Wireless Router
- Microsoft Office
- E-Mail Address
- Alpha Paging
- Satellite internet Access
- Incident Command Software
- NIMS ICS Forms: Hard copy &computer generated
- Laser Color Printer
- High Speed Scanner
CONFERENCE PLANNING AREA
The Conference Planning Area features everything you need to stage emergency, on site meetings. A SMART board is linked to a laptop computer for a quick and easy way to plan out strategy, review responsibilities and transmit decisions to the field.